Board index Flathead Power- General Announcements and Various Subjects Talk To Us 2019 U.K. Flat Track season - more vintage bikes!

2019 U.K. Flat Track season - more vintage bikes!

General announcements, news or ideas concerning people, places, or events coming up. No technical, politics, or complaints. Try to keep it short.

So, it’s THAT time of year again! I’ve been to one practice day, going to another this weekend. First meeting is 13th/14th April at Kings Lynn, a track associated with the sport since its revival in UK in the early 2000s.

But what’s happening on the vintage front?

Some new bikes, for sure. A nice XR900 was shown at the Season Start at the Bike Shed, a London venue with a long connection with the sport. A couple of Bultaco Astros have made the crossing... they do well over here, on the tight speedway tracks. I’m hoping Ed Lonergan’s 750 Trackmaster Triumph has recovered from breaking a crank, last year.. there are a couple of “new” (to U.K.) Triumphs, too.

I'm aiming (again) to get the 45 out, sometime during the season. There are a couple of other flatheads and an Indian 741, converted to 600cc which has been around for a while, but never made the grid... I've been working on the Yamaha TT500 over the winter, should be a good campaign.

Indian look set to dominate the Hooligans again, I have to say.
Shoot, a man could have a good weekend in Dallas with all that stuff...

Return to Talk To Us