Board index Flathead Power- General Announcements and Various Subjects Talk To Us Photobucket?

Photobucket?

General announcements, news or ideas concerning people, places, or events coming up. No technical, politics, or complaints. Try to keep it short.
Post Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:10 am

I hate to be "that guy", but any problems or issues with Photobucket? Every other forum I follow has long threads about it...
Shoot, a man could have a good weekend in Dallas with all that stuff...

Post Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:35 am

They have set a limit on how many embeded photos you can have, If you pop that limit they consider you a professional or a business and turn off your account until you cough up 400.00 a year. So if you haven't passed that limit don't link anything else and start looking for another hosting site. I have been trying https://postimages.org/ they seem to link easier to this site than Photo Bucket does. And they say they don't have a posting limit. Don't know how I have managed to not break the limit so it must be fairly high.
Dusty

Post Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:36 pm

Why bother to fatten frogs for snakes, Folks?

I just upload direct to the forum..

HERTZD~1.JPG

....Cotten
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:39 pm

You certainly can! But that requires me to resize every picture. When I could still use Photobucket I could just copy the Img thumb address and paste it in and if anybody wanted the full size high res they could just click the thumbnail image. Post image some how posts a reasonably sized image on this site. I'm just not enthused about resizing every image I post to what that particular website requires.
Dusty

Post Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:44 pm

Thats a cool old add. I just stole it for my collection.
Dusty

Post Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:16 pm

Welp they finally got to mine. I'm trying the download it seems to still be working. At least it's grinding away last time I used it it took hours. If they will download figuring what goes where will be a lot easier.
Dusty

Post Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:53 am

Gosh Dusty!

It takes fewer clicks to resize than to jump through an external host's hoops.
And its free.

Most important, folks who search out discussions years from now will not see this:
PHTOBUKT.PNG

.....Cotten
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:11 am

Dusty-Dave wrote:
Thats a cool old add. I just stole it for my collection.
Dusty
Dusty!

I also snagged these...
HERTZ4.JPG
HERTZ2.JPG

Have you any other Hertz L&L cartoons in your collection?

....Cotten

Return to Talk To Us