Board index Flathead Power- General Announcements and Various Subjects Talk To Us ANNC: Website Changes / Forum Interruptions / New Moderator

ANNC: Website Changes / Forum Interruptions / New Moderator

General announcements, news or ideas concerning people, places, or events coming up. No technical, politics, or complaints. Try to keep it short.

Good afternoon forum!

This is Justin, the web manager at S&S Cycle. I have a couple announcements for all members of the forum. First, we are on the last lap of launching a new main website for S&S. Not to worry, we aren't messing with the forum. But since it's tied to the domain of sscycle.com, there will be some interruptions when we switch our DNS information to point the domain to the new website. One important change that concerns this forum is the address. We will be changing the default address to forum.sscycle.com instead of the current sscycle.com/tech/.

These changes will start next Monday the 11th.

One last thing to cover: As you may be aware, Pa has been a huge asset to this forum for years as our main moderator. He's done a fantastic job of keeping things civil and keeping the motor running here. He has decided that it's time to step down from that role and continue as a general user. I personally would like to thank Pa for all that he's done and I wish him the BEST. With that being said, I'd ask you to please welcome Dusty-Dave as a new forum moderator. He has been an active contributor to the forum since 1999 and is excited to help keep this forum operational. Thank you Dave and a thank you to every member for your patience with our changes and keeping this forum a valuable resource for people all over the world.

-Justin

Pa Site Admin

You are welcome Justin. It has been a pleasure working with you and the S&S personal. Dusty is a solid and great choice.

Pa wrote:
You are welcome Justin. It has been a pleasure working with you and the S&S personal. Dusty is a solid and great choice.

Thanks Pa compliments will get you everywhere. I almost don't have any Harley parts so you probably wasted it. Hope to not mess with your formula.
Dusty

Pa Site Admin

Dusty-Dave wrote:
Pa wrote:

Thanks Pa compliments will get you everywhere. I almost don't have any Harley parts so you probably wasted it. Hope to not mess with your formula.
Dusty

I got as many Indian parts as you got Harley Bro. :lol:

Update: The new website is being propagated as I speak. The old forum address of www.sscycle.com/tech will still work on the new site but will be redirected to forum.sscycle.com.

Thank you

-Justin

Hi Guys, it seems the stay logged on feature no longer works for the site. I have to sign on every time I visit the site.

Leo

It seems to be fixed but you have to log off then back on with the log me on button clicked to reset it. other wise it will keep pointing to an address that is MIA.
Dusty

Yep its fixed, thanks.

Leo

Return to Talk To Us