Board index Flathead Power- General Announcements and Various Subjects Talk To Us HD-WLA wascher

HD-WLA wascher

General announcements, news or ideas concerning people, places, or events coming up. No technical, politics, or complaints. Try to keep it short.
Post Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:46 pm

Hello, everyone
My name is Bartek I come from Poland and I have been in possession since the HD-WLA 42 series VII. I hope you will help in some of the topics regarding this amazing motorcycle. At the beginning I have a little puzzle in which place in the WLA motorcycle should be a spring washer with the index 0269 and dimensions 9 / 16x15 / 16x2 / 32. The catalog sees two such pads but they are not present in any of the illustrations.

Regards
Bartek

Post Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:43 pm

I am not sure which washers you are dealing with as I don't have parts book handy. I do know there are washers on the WLA parts list where the washers were used in the crating of the bike and don't go on the bike itself.
A great bit of information can be found in this book. http://www.howtorestoreyourmilitaryharleydavidson.com

Post Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:34 am

Hello,
from what I learned one of these washers (0269) goes under the saddle post at the bottom of the frame. The question is, where does the second come if the catalog sees two pieces? Mala correction regarding the dimension of the washer 9 / 16x15 / 16x3 / 32.

Return to Talk To Us