Board index Flathead Power- General Announcements and Various Subjects Talk To Us S&S Super E "Shorty" Carb.

S&S Super E "Shorty" Carb.

General announcements, news or ideas concerning people, places, or events coming up. No technical, politics, or complaints. Try to keep it short.
Post Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:04 am

Hi all,

Just went to the S&S site looking for information concerning a Super E that I have.

I was trying to date the carb, and the site has a chart beginning with the letter A and a corresponding DOM chart.

The carb that I have has a TE in the beginning of the Serial Number of the carb, the chart at S&S only lists A thru Z.

Anybody know how to date the carb that I have?

Looking for proper rebuild kit and jets IF and I mean IF, I decide to use this on my bike project.

Curious.

George

Post Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:00 pm

Hi George,

If you are building for reliability, ease of tuning and good starting, you can't go wrong with a Kehin CV.

When are you coming back to the Left Coast? It would be good to see you again.

Post Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:26 am

Gosh Woody!

So's a Linkert.

....Cotten

Post Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:24 pm

Cotten,

You are absolutely correct. I've never had a better starting carb than a Linkert. The difference in cost these days, however makes the CV an attractive option.

Post Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:21 am

woody wrote:
Hi George,

If you are building for reliability, ease of tuning and good starting, you can't go wrong with a Kehin CV.

When are you coming back to the Left Coast? It would be good to see you again.

Woody, and Cotten,

I do have a M-74B Linkert currently mounted on the pan's engine that I spend quite a bit of time on rebuilding. I have the S&S, and I honestly don't remember where or when I aquired it, but I have it and was curious. But for now the Linkert is what I am going with.

Woody: Quite a bit has happened since you and I last met,

Broke shoulder at work got 3 screws holding it together.

Marissa and Jason got a divorce thanks to Jason's meth problems and destructive ways.

Marissa and the wife was talking on the phone couple of years ago, and I was quickly informed by the wife to "be still"....
Anyway, after the call Josefa informed me that Marissa told her "mamma, tell Opa not to sell the house and move to Oregon, because I have had enough of the drugs/crime's in Portland and I am moving home to Germany".

Her next door neighbor was murdered (stabbed to death) over a meth deal.....and just down the street, house exploded and burnt...yep meth house....and the last straw.........Police shoot out .... yep you guessed it......drugs were involved.

Health care in the US is not even close to being that what it is here in Germany, both has its pros and cons. So I am not knocking the US system but quite simply it is better here for all of us. Plus child care .... wow, what a expensive thing that is..... but with them here at home, and the wife and I both retired, it is quite a burden lifted off her as we the granddaughter when school's out.
Emma's school is just up the street from where our house is, and safe enough to walk to and from school to home. All of the neighbors know us and everybody just looks out for each other.

Not too long ago.......my front door did not latch closed ... I thought it did and went on to bed, next morning guy from across the street met me in the morning and told me that he shut the door making sure it was closed!! Do that in the US? probably not.

Well, she was true to her word...packed up lock-stock&barrel and moved home in November. Bought a house out in the country and got a job with Adidas and granddaughter is in 1st grade in the same school that Marissa went to.

All is well now, I have my 58FL retirement project here in Germany with me, working on putting it together hopefully by end of spring I will be finished and riding it.

And last..........after 38 and 8 months of working on US Army helicopters,

I RETIRED!! 1 December, 2018 Official Retirement date.

I am glad that it is all working out, and quite honestly, I did not really want to move back to the US, Germany has been my home since 1988 and I now have my German "green card", and we are staying here.

You take care, and I will try to do better at staying in touch..

George

Post Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:10 am

George, post some pics of what you have and I'll see what I can find in the archives.

Post Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:31 am

I am hijacking this thread, can you date this Kboarts, tried PM but wouldn't fly.
Thanks
ruben
I apologize for hijacking this thread.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:18 pm

kboarts wrote:
George, post some pics of what you have and I'll see what I can find in the archives.

Kboarts,

Thank you,

I will be making a couple of photos of the s/n pad shortly.

Again,

Thank you. George Greer

Post Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:50 pm

Drama gets in the way of everything, George!

Can't blame you for staying elsewhere, either; (Illinois is about to eat itself...)

Please look forward!

....Cotten

Post Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:00 am

George Greer wrote:
kboarts wrote:

Kboarts,

Thank you,

I will be making a couple of photos of the s/n pad shortly.

Again,

Thank you. George Greer

Kboarts,

Here's a picture of the S/N pad.

Thanks, George
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:16 am

OK, went back to the S&S site, and now it clicks in my little peabrain.

First letter in Fiscal Year of manufacture.

Second letter is basically what it fits. So in my case, the year of manufacture is either T 1994 or T 2016 --- what it fits; E 4 1/8" Bore Evo.

Now I hope that Kboarts can further elaborate on when the carb was made.

Is that correct??

Thanks George

Post Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:29 pm
Pa Site Admin

All our Love and Best to you and yours George. Keep in touch Brother.

Post Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:39 am

Pa wrote:
All our Love and Best to you and yours George. Keep in touch Brother.

Paul,

Thank you, I will.

George

Return to Talk To Us