Board index Flathead Power- General Announcements and Various Subjects Talk To Us Good price

Good price

General announcements, news or ideas concerning people, places, or events coming up. No technical, politics, or complaints. Try to keep it short.
Post Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:13 pm

April NAPA special, Valvoline SAE 50 high zinc racing oil 4.79 a quart order on line pickup at local NAPA . I am picking up a few tomorrow

Post Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:59 pm

I should maybe mix it with my AeroShell, Shovelhead68?

AEROSHEL.jpg

Its fantastic, but I know it needs zinc, ZDDP, etc...

Wolf's Head ZDP.jpg

....Cotten
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post Sun May 02, 2021 9:02 am

Actually I’ve been thinking about that ,back around ‘94 I would visit Highway Choppers in Glendale Az they sold the Aero Shell and I ran it for a long time relatively easy to find also. I have used the Valvoline from time to time with no unusual results I do change my oil often and I use it in the transmission, yes , everyone has opinions .My ‘68 has served me very well for many years of use and occasional abuse. I’m on the Valvoline racing 50wt now . Thanks for your input on these websites. Enjoy the summer

Post Sun May 02, 2021 2:30 pm

My anecdotal virtues of Aeroshell stem from the '80s, Folks,..

When some of us were still thrashing Pans like they weren't priceless.

My best personal anecdote I'll save for later, but center in my recollections was dissecting a Sportster powerplant (rare occasion for me...) that the owner swears had three times as many miles on it as it should. The chassis wasn't shaky (even though it was a Sportster!), as the owner was a schooled mechanic, fastidious with maintenance, and swearing by the lube.

The insides washed clean enough to eat off of. It shouldn't have come apart.

...Cotten
PS: Let me repeat my previous disclaimer that it probably doesn't have the zinc we want. Nor anti-corrosives that protect while the machine is out of duty for months. So mixing is prudent.

Total loss machines should seek it out.

....Cotten

Return to Talk To Us