Board index Flathead Power-Technical Questions, Answers, and Suggestions Big Twin Flatties Resealing jug nipples

Resealing jug nipples

Post Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:05 pm

My basically brand new jugs from ACF American Cycle Fabrication are already leaking at the intake nipples. Montuckymatt on this board mentioned having the same issue with his and offered to speak to me on the phone about what he did to fix his. I can't get a hold of him now though!

Anyone have any experience with fixing this?

And yes in case you were wondering, it's pretty dissappointing to spend $2,000 on a top end from Paul Freibus at ACF and have the jugs begin leaking basically immediately.

I have been sorting out other issues with my UL and have really only rode the bike up and down my street a few times on short test runs. Basically 1 mile or less!!!!

Post Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:21 am

Do they leak at the rivets or all the way around?

Post Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:58 pm

I'm not sure yet. I sprayed them nipples with brake cleaner and it noticeably changed the idle, made it more consistent. It is also popping through the exhaust on the front cylinder and when spraying the nipple down it goes away.

I'm planning on borrowing a smoke machine to fog out the insides and try to pinpoint the exact leak source easier.

Post Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:37 pm

Golly WildOne,...

Bubbles are a lot easier: http://virtualindian.org/11techleaktest.html

And at a constant, regulated 15psi,... It is absolute.

....Cotten

Return to Big Twin Flatties