Board index Flathead Power-Technical Questions, Answers, and Suggestions Pans Herr Frankenstein help.

Herr Frankenstein help.

Post Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:39 am

Herr Doctor and gentlemen,

As per Herr Frankenstein's suggestion, I modified a 65A generator with NOS 12 volt field coils, and with a NOS 6 volt armature.

It works, and I have it mounted on my 1958 FL project bike.

Now, the questions:

I seem to recall a thread where you can check the generators output while mounted on the bike running about 2 grand, once the A Terminal is disconnected and F terminal grounded. And a voltmeter connected to the A terminal and the other to ground.

I would like to know if this is correct, and if not,

How do I check for voltage output with the generator installed and the bike running.

It works, generator light goes off between 1000 and 1500 rpm. But the battery will never charge over 12.54 Volts. I would like to know what the generator is producing for power output.

And if I may, allow me to show my lack of experience/knowledge................am I correct in my reading that to increase charging rate to the battery, I only have to bend the tab within the voltage regulator?? Please tell me that it is just that simple.

I have attached a link to the bike, and she is now licensed, insured and tagged and I have ridden her a couple of times trying to get the bugs worked out.

http://www.hydra-glide.com/phpBB3/viewt ... 261&t=9461

Thanks for the help,

George

PS, now Retired, and playing with my retirement toy.

Return to Pans