Board index Flathead Power-Technical Questions, Answers, and Suggestions K-Models Mike's ex Brad and Len Andres short rod KR

Mike's ex Brad and Len Andres short rod KR

Post Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:54 am

Mike asked me to post photos of his newly finished short rod motor:

FaceBook is in a state of shock seeing such wonders, it won't let me see the other photo, you'll have to wait a bit...

Patrick

Pa Site Admin

Man that looks to be a real runner !

Pa, the other side!

This site tech don't improve with age... Same width as the other shot at 1000 pixels but it won't show it... So you'll have to click the link to see it...

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13321954_10207959481097839_163932844313869201_n.jpg?oh=ad297e50bdaa70cc0865d89f9fb47e0e&oe=57DE3176

Patrick

Pa Site Admin

That is one Bad Ass engine !!!

I'm still on awe over the pictures I saw posted on FB. Having forgotten most of how this was done in the past it looks like the flange was cut off the cylinder and brazed back on. The offset boring to the lifter holder and the grinding to the cases for exhaust clearance and all is shocking. I want to see dyno sheets! This is just cool.
"Smok'in the competition NOT Tobacco"
"Transplant organs, Don't bury them!"
Why dwarf? 5/8 scale race cars! http://www.dwarfcarracing.com

Some of the bits before Mike's restoration:

Patrick

GuS

Patrick, thanks for sharing with us who are not on facebook.

GuS

; 0)

I actually use Facebook strictly as a photobucket album!!!!

don

Memories flood back of a personal tour of their back room shelves filled with parts given by Leonard at XHD Inc.
These pictures of tuned parts are a few examples of what they did together.
don

The first cylinder with the 55R casting number was not used in this motor build. The cylinder with the 16581 stamped number was. These cylinders were altered by machining off the original flange and shortening to needed height and a new steel flange brazed to cylinder.

thefrenchowl wrote:
Some of the bits before Mike's restoration:

Patrick

Return to K-Models