Board index Flathead Power- General Announcements and Various Subjects Shoot The Bull What is that?

What is that?

Use this forum for general conversation amongst yourselves when you don't have anything better to do. We like gossip! Try to keep the technical out of it.
Post Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:06 pm

I'm surprised how little today's "bikers" know of Harley's history. Last Saturday I rode my 63 shovel pan chopper over to the local Harley dealer for the annual Motorcycles to the Capital meet up. I parked out front and went inside for some warm up coffee. A few minutes later I came out to find my bike surrounded by people. I walked up to hear "I don't know what it is either" and "Maybe it's an Indian". Somebody figgered I was the owner and asked what it was. It's a shovelhead I answered which brought blank stares. It's a Harley I said. A 1963. The blank stares continued until someone said "Is that what they used to look like?" But what really cracked me up as I was kick starting it, someone said "What are you doing?"

Post Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:12 pm

Id ask the same question.....

…. what the hell you doin at the HD?

Post Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:29 pm
Pa Site Admin

He was checking out the always beautiful beaver apparel staff there. ;) Not even the parts department and mechanics know any of the older bikes. Most do not even know bikes 10 years or older. They only know what is on their computer screens.

Post Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:12 pm

I haven't been there since last year at this time. Last year I rode my knuck chopper and all the staff were looking out the window watching me kick start it. Go figure

Post Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:43 pm

Years ago when I was working the parts counter of Glendale H-D I always took time to find a source for an obsolete part. The owner told me I was wasting too much time on those older biker. He said we sell new parts for new motorcycles. :-(

Return to Shoot The Bull