Board index Flathead Power- General Announcements and Various Subjects Shoot The Bull Not-so-glorious heritage..

Not-so-glorious heritage..

Use this forum for general conversation amongst yourselves when you don't have anything better to do. We like gossip! Try to keep the technical out of it.
Post Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:33 am

I've just seen a picture of a Chinese "retro" lightweight displayed under the Francis-Barnett badge at the Classic Bike Show a while ago.

For our colonial cousins who probably don't recognise the name, the poor old Fanny-B was a one-time minor manufacturer and assembler of quite interesting sporting lightweights, from the Wolverhampton area. They never really got going again after WW2 and faded away unmourned in the early 1960s, assembling unremarkable lightweights fitted with the crude and frankly, obsolete Villiers two-strokes of the time, as a minor backwater of the AMC empire.

personally, I'd reckon that the Fanny-B badge on an unremarkable lightweight of indeterminate origin was fair comment, but I doubt if that's the intended message...
Shoot, a man could have a good weekend in Dallas with all that stuff...

Return to Shoot The Bull