Board index Flathead Power- General Announcements and Various Subjects Shoot The Bull Experiencing Nature

Experiencing Nature

Use this forum for general conversation amongst yourselves when you don't have anything better to do. We like gossip! Try to keep the technical out of it.
Post Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:35 pm
Pa Site Admin

I used these for bait in order to catch the big ones...just a very small fish tale. LOL
My oldest Son, presently over in the Philippines really experiencing nature at one of its highest levels. He is the one on the far right rear leaving the makeshift primitive boat.

https://youtu.be/n02FH789EtE

Since his video was so short and one cannot imagine the actual size of those beasts, here is a video of others doing what my Son is doing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5FlOKAQN8E

Post Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:22 pm
Pa Site Admin

No one replied to my Son’s whale shark swim so I figured the videos did the fish no justice or no one could view them. Here is a still shot of an average whale shark. Note the swimmers all around it. Many whale sharks have been recorded at 40 plus feet in length and well over 20 tons.

Post Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:18 am

They are indeed huge! Seems like very shallow water to me, is it normal such an animal to venture there? Here in the netherlands we have these whals that get beached all the time when they enter too shallow waters

Post Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:17 pm
Pa Site Admin

They come in often to feed on small marine life. The water is actually 50 to 100 feet deep where the picture was snapped. They are actually a fish since they have gills. It is said they do not eat large life forms so they leave humans alone. The real danger is if they decide to swim away quickly and they run into you or whack you with their tail. I also assume one could get sucked into their mouths if they are to close to it when it is open and drawing water in to feed. The water looks like a bathtub draining when they draw water in and their mouths are easily large enough to swallow a few humans at once.

Post Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:20 pm

I once did a scuba diving session, encountered sharks by pure chance. I remember trying to swim extra quietly.. trying to not draw attention and stuff. Ofcourse not easy when every breathtake exhausts bubbles. Luckily they werent interested in us.
I would not voluntarily be in the water when these monsters are around, especially if they just can open their mouth and swallow everything that happens to be in the way :oops:

Return to Shoot The Bull