Board index Flathead Power- General Announcements and Various Subjects Shoot The Bull A few pictures from Bonneville speed week this year

A few pictures from Bonneville speed week this year

Use this forum for general conversation amongst yourselves when you don't have anything better to do. We like gossip! Try to keep the technical out of it.

I'll try to leave these up a month or so.
http://s657.photobucket.com/user/dustyd ... lle%202016
Dusty

Pa Site Admin

Thanks Dusty !! Looked to be a real bunch of fun ! Amazing how the folks push machines beyond the limits. Also amazing how many are engineered to do just that.

Check out the frame on the Ural. Its made out of straight pieces of tube and machined aluminum connectors that all bolts together. I assume to make it fit in a smaller box to ship to Bonneville. T he connectors have a hole machined for the tube to slide into and a slot up the side so it will clamp when the three through bolts are tightened . It went through SCTA tech!
Dusty

They got the daily and record results posted at http://www.scta-bni.org/sw-race-results.html just click the green links. Cotten don't click the picture links it took 20 minutes to load the first one with a DSL connection.
Dusty

Doh!

I don't have DSL,
I have Verizon Wireless, which seems worse for sure.

....Cotten

Cotten wrote:
Doh!

I don't have DSL,
I have Verizon Wireless, which seems worse for sure.

....Cotten

Aw hell you still had dial up last time we talked about your internet connection. Turn my back for just a couple of years and you move into this century. I wouldn't be surprised if you could download it faster than I did.
Dusty

I sure miss reliable dial-up, Dusty!

Now I've got to watch my data pretty close, and reception is poor because I can see the tower out my front door: The "Cone of Silence" beneath it.
Just viewing all of your pics would cost me an overage.

....Cotten

Here's that Ural so Cotten doesn't go over. A complete frame with 0 welds.

attachment=0]Ashampoo_Snap_2016.08.24_15h06m25s_001_.png[/attachment]
Dusty
Attachments
Ashampoo_Snap_2016.08.24_15h06m25s_001_.png
Ashampoo_Snap_2016.08.24_15h06m25s_001_.png (303.84 KiB) Viewed 1490 times

I'm surprised they welded the rear stand.

....Cotten

Cotten wrote:
I'm surprised they welded the rear stand.

....Cotten

I would guess that weld didn't affect it fitting in the box or that it was a weld the the SCTA couldn't keep it from running because of weld quality since it isn't load bearing when in motion. The SCTA reserves the right to make you prove the quality of welds and strength of design. They want a weld coupon and engineers analysis of mine since I plan to use .030 or so wall chromemoly tube. And its possible that they will want load tests.
Dusty

Hope everybody that want's to look has . It goes away next weekend.
Dusty

Return to Shoot The Bull