Board index Flathead Power- General Announcements and Various Subjects Shoot The Bull Want to watch all the national flat track?

Want to watch all the national flat track?

Use this forum for general conversation amongst yourselves when you don't have anything better to do. We like gossip! Try to keep the technical out of it.

The new company that is badging bikes as Indian is seriously trying to flat track this year. Not doing a bad job sofar a 1, 2 followed up by a 1, 2, 3. Anyway they are live streaming all the nationals. Go to http://www.indianmotorcycle.com/en-us/flat-track-race and click on schedule then about an hour or two before race time the streaming button at the bottom will let you see the stream. Next race is 01 April - Charlotte Half-Mile – Charlotte Motor Speedway - Concord, N.C.
Dusty

Don't know about "badging bikes as Indian", they seem to have a unique range
Shoot, a man could have a good weekend in Dallas with all that stuff...

2011. On April 19, Polaris Industries, manufacturer of snowmobiles, off-road vehicles (ORVs), small electric-powered vehicles, and parent company of Victory Motorcycles, announced the acquisition of Indian Motorcycle.

However I feel about Polaris (mixed last Indian was built in 1953 but Polaris is trying) they are letting everybody watch a great series free.
Dusty

Dusty-Dave wrote:
2011. On April 19, Polaris Industries, manufacturer of snowmobiles, off-road vehicles (ORVs), small electric-powered vehicles, and parent company of Victory Motorcycles, announced the acquisition of Indian Motorcycle.

I seem to remember that the original, Springfield company made, at various times, a motorised sledge, outboard engines for boats, aircraft engines and even aircon units? Polaris seem to have focussed their motorcycle operations on their Indian brand, and gone out there with an actual racing design, from an actual racing design house, and won actual races against actual competition.

I'm not actually tremendously interested, at this distance in time, in the wheeling, dealing, claims and counter-claims, money laundering charges and selling of S&S engines "bitsas" that is the reality over the past sixty years, of whatever might, or might not remain of the former, Springfield operation. No one still riding, and damn few people still living, has ever seen a Springfield Indian Motocycle dealership, or bought a bike from one.

If Polaris can produce a commercially viable road bike under the Indian name, and a successful racing bike, good luck to 'em sez I. You might as well take them at face value, no one else is doing it..

I forgot to post the last one but the next Race Is The SWacramento Mile Saturday 5/20/17 2:00 Sacramento time.
http://www.indianmotorcycle.com/en-us/f ... ive-stream
Dusty

Indian (01-53) sold a motorized snow sled, they made the engine. but not the sleds themselves.

Indian45 wrote:
Indian (01-53) sold a motorized snow sled, they made the engine. but not the sleds themselves.

Don't know what Indian powered snowmobiles have to do with flat track racing, but since it about Indians I'll help you with your thread jack. The Eliason Motor Tobaggin company used lots of Indian engines.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QftdMbV8LCg just keep watching there are several in a row.
Dusty

in reply to 45brits comment.

Aw hell that was back in March n I don't pay too much attention when 45Brit gets to ranting. Here's some more http://www.eliason-snowmobile.com/
Dusty

Dusty-Dave wrote:
Aw hell that was back in March n I don't pay too much attention when 45Brit gets to ranting. Here's some more http://www.eliason-snowmobile.com/
Dusty

Well, we're all square on that, because I don't pay any mind to people who think there's anything meaningful left of the Springfield company... :D

Thought that might get you stirred!
Woof

45Brit wrote:
...Well, we're all square on that, because I don't pay any mind to people who think there's anything meaningful left of the Springfield company... :D

Like there's something "meaningful", 45Brit,...

....Left of the Milwaukee company for vintage enthusiasts?

Only if you are in to T-shirts.

....Cotten

Cotten wrote:
45Brit wrote:
...Well, we're all square on that, because I don't pay any mind to people who think there's anything meaningful left of the Springfield company... :D

Like there's something "meaningful", 45Brit,...

....Left of the Milwaukee company for vintage enthusiasts?

Only if you are in to T-shirts.

....Cotten

Well, a company which is the uninterrupted heir-and-successor to the original Motor Company is still producing motorcycles at, among other locations, a facility on its original site, having remained in continuous commercial production throughout. There are dealerships still functioning after decades in business. They have just discontinued a model after 45 years in production, and the Sportster forms an uninterrupted design sequence stretching back to the 1950s.

You might take issue with the bikes, but there's no doubt that they, and no-one else, are The Motor Company.

Let me put it this way, 45Brit!

The golden age of American motorcycles quietly passed in 1970; If it ain't old,... its crap.

....Cotten

Pa Site Admin

Cotten wrote:
Let me put it this way, 45Brit!

The golden age of American motorcycles quietly passed in 1970; If it ain't old,... its crap.

....Cotten

I feel exactly the same way with post 70's automobiles as well Cotten.

Pa wrote:
..I feel exactly the same way with post 70's automobiles as well Cotten...

So please, 45Brit,..

Do we really owe homage to the modern General Motors, Chrysler, or Ford for a century past when we pick up a new disposable robot-built auto?
Should we be anxious to pay a premium for a consumeable motorcycle's tank badge?

....Cotten

... a lot of people feel the same way, I think. I certainly bought my new-to-me Bonneville T100 because it was a Triumph, but it's a thoroughly modern machine at a competitive price. I could have had a modern-styled machine, but chose not to. So, I'm indulging my nostalgia but I've also got a machine which my son reckons to be a very rideable machine, with modern reliability and good finish.

The current street models from Indian don't ring my bell, but they are engineered from scratch selling to a niche market. The racers, however, are full-on racing machines, winning against whatever anyone else brings, including Kawasaki. "Win on Sunday, sell on Monday" is nothing new.

One reason, Folks,..

...That I have contempt for modern "icon" companies is that they have contempt for the vintage industry, crushing small cottage industries with threatening law suits, even when the market is miniscule by their standards. Yet they are in the front of the line to capitalize upon nostalgia in their advertising and promotions.

I don't owe H-D, or the endlessly-resurrected Indian, a thing.
They owe me. They owe all of us who have preserved History.

No doubt 'a lot of people' feel special wearing their T-shirts.

....Cotten

Next

Return to Shoot The Bull