Board index Flathead Power-Technical Questions, Answers, and Suggestions Knuckles Symbol stamped before and after engine serial number

Symbol stamped before and after engine serial number

Does anyone here recognize this symbol? It is stamped on an early aftermarket knucklehead left side engine case just under the rear jug before and after a 4- digit serial number.

Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Welcome to the forum. That mark has been discussed on a few other sites over the years and the cases were said to be made by House of Horsepower.

Here are the same marks but on a later style case. Also notice inside the case are the letters HH.
Eric

[quote="Speeding Big Twin"]Welcome to the forum. That mark has been discussed on a few other sites over the years and the cases were said to be made by House of Horsepower.

Here are the same marks but on a later style case. Also notice inside the case are the letters HH.
Eric

Thank you sir, very interesting! Unfortunately there is little information on the web regarding this but what little I did find was that the HH owner, Clell Richards, was an excellent builder.

Clell was a very talented man. He was one of the founding designers and machinists of STD after he closed House of Horsepower.

Chris Haynes wrote:
Clell was a very talented man. He was one of the founding designers and machinists of STD after he closed House of Horsepower.

He sounds like a very interesting fellow, strange that there is not more info about him on the web.

wreakhavoc wrote:
Chris Haynes wrote:

He sounds like a very interesting fellow, strange that there is not more info about him on the web.

Clell passed quite a while ago.

Was there also a guy named Greg involved with House of Horsepower? I was talking to an old firiend who was a top notch Harley drag racer years ago and he told me that "Greg" once gave him a set of the HH engine cases that he had built.

Return to Knuckles