Board index Flathead Power-Technical Questions, Answers, and Suggestions Indians Linkert er Beck question

Linkert er Beck question

Post Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:54 pm

Cotten or ?,
After a week on the incredibly rough salt at Bonneville the Beck on my 40 Sport scout has an incredible dead spot just off idle. it was a Beck for a Knuckle Head I changed the main jet to a Sport Scout, the throttle lever to Indian style, I swedged he venturi and it has a Durable Float. Except for the choke going the wrong way it as been flawless since I put it together in 2011. No matter how it's adjusted the dead spot is still there. What am I looking for when I get a chance to tear it down. when I put it together there was no bore wear at the throttle plate and the bushings were tight. I am in Denver this week running the wife through the top respiratory Hospital in the U.S. so can't tear it down until next week. Just wondering.
Dave

Post Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:39 am

Sorry to hear about your Wife's troubles Dave. I hope they can help her in Denver. Your carb problems sound like they are float level related. The float in my M35TP on the 46FL swelled earlier this year and had to be replaced. Over 10 yrs. of good service and then some nasty gas made it swell enough to rub on the bowl. Another thing that can create the dead spot is a venture venting problem, you never know what might crawl in the hole if you have an exterior vent on the Beck.

Post Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:31 pm
Pa Site Admin

Wishing your wife all the best Dusty. I think it may be ignition or ignition timing related.

Return to Indians