Board index Flathead Power-Technical Questions, Answers, and Suggestions General Whatever-Technical Sea Dog kill switch with lanyard

Sea Dog kill switch with lanyard

Pretty much anything not covered by the topics above. Short lived production bikes or vehicles, Electrical, Tires, Paint, Brakes, etc. Use this for tech questions, and "Shoot the Bull" for general conversation, no tech.
Post Mon May 22, 2017 2:25 am

I've just bought a Sea Dog kill switch for the 45" flathead flat track bike.

It came with no instructions!

It has 4 terminals, marked C C M M

looking about on the internet, it looks to me that wiring the battery to C, then the other C to the coil, passes a current when the clip is ON, and wiring the earth (ground) stud on the magneto to M and the other M to Earth (ground) on the engine earths the magneto when the clip is OFF

So, I want the second option to provide a cutout for my Joe Hunt magneto? I'm sure there are people on here who have experience of boats..
Shoot, a man could have a good weekend in Dallas with all that stuff...

Post Tue May 23, 2017 6:13 am
GuS

Are you requiered to have some kind of Dead Man's Tether Kill Switch?
If not, you can simply ground the magneto via a horn button switch.

GuS

Post Wed May 24, 2017 12:00 am

All forms of competition carried out under ACU require kill switches with lanyards, even trials these days. The one major exception is motocross, I assume because virtually all competitors use commercially produced bikes which don't have them, and a significant part of motocross takes place outside the ACU
Shoot, a man could have a good weekend in Dallas with all that stuff...

Post Wed May 24, 2017 9:09 am

Return to General Whatever-Technical