Board index Flathead Power-Technical Questions, Answers, and Suggestions 45 Flatties Cams....

Cams....

Post Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:37 pm

I suggest you buy my booklet.
Last edited by kitabel on Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:54 am

I need to look at this whole issue, over the winter
Shoot, a man could have a good weekend in Dallas with all that stuff...

Post Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:53 am

I apologize: disturbing someone's plan with some science is really rude.
Last edited by kitabel on Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:32 pm

Everyone already knows this....

Post Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:07 pm

kitabel.... are you the former Panic, by another name?

FWIW, I bought the Victory Library book, long ago. The engine incorporates quite a lot of ideas from there, overlaid with various issues which are particular to the quite different practices in tuning old engines in the UK - for one thing, the whole US practice of pressing cam lobes on and welding them, simply isn't done. The US phobia for sleeving, isn't regarded as an issue. The cam grind issue, earlier is self-explanatory

Right now it runs, but there are some obvious issues which need addressing; the condition of the barrel castings, for one thing.

The whole project was shelved for a long while, due to lack of a suitable transmission, problems with getting work done, and lack of a suitable class to ride in. Were I starting again, there are undoubtedly things I would do differently.

However the current project is to get the bike ready and running well enough to ride in next year's flat track Vintage class
Shoot, a man could have a good weekend in Dallas with all that stuff...

Previous

Return to 45 Flatties