Board index Flathead Power-Technical Questions, Answers, and Suggestions 45 Flatties Cam identifcation

Cam identifcation

Post Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:00 am

Hello All.
i have some cams i thought were from a KR and i wanted to use them on a WL stroker engine build.

Can anyone give me info on these cams and help me identify them and what they would work best in.

i tried to upload the photos and could not, they are just regular jpg.

They are ball bearing shaft, no oil pump drive on #1, they all have letters/numbers stamped usually not seen by me on flathead cams.
#4 has on the lobe 4.510 then on the inner side of the gear has numbers in a circle around the diameter 30, 9, word "mild", 72, 62

Thank you.

Post Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:11 am

Had several sets of KR cams in the past and they never had those type of stampings, sounds like aftermarket or possibly late KR, keep in mind all K, KR , WR roller cams have a mild angle on the lobe face to match tilted valve angle whereas WL cams are square , would like to see some pic's if possible.. Tim
Vintage roadracing, Class C, AHRMA # 335

Post Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:17 am

handshifter13,
Your photos are probably too large. Either resize them or upload them to postimg.org with the 480X640 option set then click the share icon at the top. Then copy the hotlink for forums addr. & paste that into your msg.
Dusty

Return to 45 Flatties