Board index Flathead Power- General Announcements and Various Subjects Dear Blabby Dusty hard at work

Dusty hard at work

Got a gripe or complaint about something or somebody? Throw your two cents in here. We want to hear what you have to say. No politics, keep it clean.
Post Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:24 am

20210614_110946.jpg
Your moderator hard at work donating stem cells to his little bro. The meds to grow stem cells make you hurt in every bone in your body. But I do get my own centrifuge. Only got two million yesterday n they want eight million so back at it again today n proly tomorrow.
Dusty

Post Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:10 pm

Good for you

Post Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:44 am

Makes me count my blessings, Dusty...

Enjoy the air conditioning; I hear its gonna get warm!

....Cotten

Post Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:50 am

Had my last session with this evil blood sucker yesterday! They say I got to lay around until Saturday before I can get back to my projects. The little round black things are precise volume contact less pumps. Little rollers squeeze the IV tube and push a measured volume as they rotate. Pulling a measured volume out of me into the centrifuge then returning most of my blood less what the lab wants plus a measured amount of IV fluid.
Dusty
Attachments
20210615_123101.jpg

Post Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:07 pm

When I worked with such things n the '70s, Dusty,..

They were called 'peristaltic pumps', and critical for preventing contamination in a continuous bench process; You only had to autoclave the tubing.

Back then they had infinitely variable speeds, and had to be re-calibrated often, or test results were meaningless.

That thing is a robot.

....Cotten

Post Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:37 am

When I worked concrete pumps we called them hose pumps or 3 roller pump, but that cute little nurse call it a no contact pump. She's prettier than you or me so I'm changing to no contact.

Post Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:38 pm

i woulda politely pointed out they were pulsating peristaltic pumps, ...

And watch her face for a reaction.

That's as good as it gets for me these days.

....Cotten

Post Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:42 pm

Well Shit!!!!!!!
I was gathering everything up preparing to go home Sat morning, when the transplant hospital called and said that I have a blood infection and to come right to the main hospital So I'm here hooked up to a couple of heavy duty antibiotics while they run every test they can dream up.
Dusty

Post Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:58 am

That's almost enough to make me post my first emoticon, Dusty...

But I can't find one for a malpractice attorney.

....Cotten

Post Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:58 pm

Get well soon Thanks

Post Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:48 pm

Dammit Dusty, any excuse to eat hospital food. I've got your suburban rented out to the homeless shelter rejects from up the street so I wont charge you storage fee.

Post Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:09 am

Pablo Cruize wrote:
Dammit Dusty, any excuse to eat hospital food. I've got your suburban rented out to the homeless shelter rejects from up the street so I wont charge you storage fee.

R u getting descent points on the meth n hookers?

Post Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:51 am

Pablo Cruize wrote:
...got your suburban rented out....

Be careful cleaning beneath the seats, both of you!

My daughter found a big-city Subooboo forester cheap enough to pay me back for her teenage debt (She's forty-two..); No needles or filth, but a bodacious prison shank cut from a 7/8" Snap-On wrench.

(She said the owner wanted it back.)

....Cotten
PS: They aren't experimenting on you are they, Dusty? Or just practicing.

Post Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:22 pm

Cotten wrote:
Pablo Cruize wrote:
...got your suburban rented out....

Be careful cleaning beneath the seats, both of you!

My daughter found a big-city Subooboo forester cheap enough to pay me back for her teenage debt (She's forty-two..); No needles or filth, but a bodacious prison shank cut from a 7/8" Snap-On wrench.

(She said the owner wanted it back.)

....Cotten
PS: They aren't experimenting on you are they, Dusty? Or just practicing.

God I hope this isn't practice, cuz practice make you better at doing the same thing the same way.
Dusty

Return to Dear Blabby