Board index Flathead Power-Technical Questions, Answers, and Suggestions General Whatever-Technical Pictures of a Beck for a early knuck

Pictures of a Beck for a early knuck

Pretty much anything not covered by the topics above. Short lived production bikes or vehicles, Electrical, Tires, Paint, Brakes, etc. Use this for tech questions, and "Shoot the Bull" for general conversation, no tech.
Post Wed May 25, 2022 11:34 am

Cotten,
I couldn't member which thread you asked for pictures of the Beck carb that came off a knuck. So I'm starting a new thread.
When I got this M6 it had the tall Harley throttle arm and a vent to the outside venturi. The choke moves the opposite from an Indian. I put an Indian main nozzle and venturi and one of your floats and except for the washer on the idle needle wearing out last year it has ben great.
Notice the choke applied with the lever up.
I think it probably was setup for a Hardly like the guy I bought it from said.
This is the same carb that had the Gorilla Glued float for bout 10 years I finally put the spare in when I was fighting with the idle last year.
Dusty

Post Thu May 26, 2022 8:30 am

Thanks Dusty!

I think the "INDIAN" has been filed off:

M6 stamp black.jpg

M6BA stamp.JPG

Although some very early models with four-line scripts and 2-bolt inlets didn't have it:

M6EARLY.JPG

Your choke lever is WLA for use with the hose airbox.

The LS spring collar washer must be able to slide slightly upon the body as the needle goes through its arc, and I have ground many.

....Cotten
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post Sun May 29, 2022 5:14 pm

When I bought it, ti was definitely setup for a Harley. He said that he bought it from the old down town Oklahoma city HD dealer. I wouldn't put it past a HD dealer with a display case full of Becks to file the Indian off But I wouldn't expect them to change anything but the throttle lever.
Dusty

Post Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:27 am

Linkert re-stamped their own carbs for Beck distribution, I believe, Dusty!

Here's a Beck M8SA where you can still make out 441, which today would be worth five times as much:

Beck M8SAstp.jpg

So perhabs Linkert may have filed off the INDIAN for HD dealers!

Here's more:

Beck M6BSTP.jpg

Beck m6stamp nickel.jpg

(Note pre-War nickel, but also a Scheb HS knob...)

...Cotten
PS: We should also note that L&L offered an exchange service.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to General Whatever-Technical